Wednesday 30 January 2013

British Comedy!

My aunt (who shares a love of classic films) really likes classic British comedy such as the carry on films (of which I also love, my favorite being Carry on Abroad) but this post isn't about the carry on films it is about another film comedian of whom we love, this person being none other than....Norman Wisdom. I first saw him in One Good Turn which I really liked and luckily for Christmas my aunt bought me the Norman Wisdom box set (I was over the moon) so we could watch some of the films together. The box set included 12 films, these films being:

  • The Bulldog Breed
  • One Good Turn
  • The Early Bird
  • Press for Time
  • On the Beat
  • Man of the Moment
  • A Stitch in Time
  • Just My Luck
  • The Square Peg
  • Follow a Star
  • Up in the World
  • Trouble in Store
A few days after Christmas me and my aunt watched A stitch in Time together and it was just lovely. Her favorite Norman Wisdom are the one that include his boss Mr Grimsdale. I adored this film especially because I am a sucker for loud, heartfelt speeches like the one Norman delivered near the end of the film to the upper class at a ball. I have watched a few more since then and agree with my aunt that Norman Wisdom is just amazing. You can get this box set from amazon for relatively cheap and I do recommend it for anyone considering to purchase this marvelous collection.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.