Saturday 21 December 2013

12 days of blogging: Day 9- Mickey's Christmas Carol (1983)


Well nothing has made me cry more as a child than Mickey's Christmas Carol did. I know it's only a short film at only half an hour but it is definitely noteworthy in my blog as it is probably one of if not my favourite retelling of the Charles Dickens tale. It's been awhile since I last watched this but you couldn't forget a film as memorable as this. If you ever watched DuckTales as I did you shall know that Scrooge McDuck plays a faithful rendition of the character of Scrooge in this film (I mean come on it's in the name). The film is just a captivating story of love and humbug, it will change your life forever.

Synopsis
Scrooge McDuck is a grumpy, old ma with eyes for only one thing, money. He treats everyone he meets poorly,especially at Christmas. On Christmas eve he is the visited by three ghosts who give him the chance to change his mean ways and treat the people around him with kindness. One of these people being his clerk, Bob Cratchit, whose crippled son, Tiny Tim, may soon die The ghosts show him his past, present and future with his life now, giving him one last chance to avoid the fate that fell upon his old business partner, Jacob Marley.

Please I beg you to watch this short film it is so sad and so good and will really make you think of the meaning of Christmas and waht it is to be kind and generous.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.