Sunday 22 December 2013

12 days of blogging: Day 10- Elf (2003)

"This holiday, discover your inner elf."

Well we always have to watch Elf at Christmastime because it is always on and you can only run for so long. I have mixed feelings towards this film, sometimes I like it, other-times I don't...usually I don't. There are aspects of this film that are just to cliched, even for me, and others that are just annoying. I am not an avid fan of Zoey Deschannel either, as I have previously expressed so it was disappointing to find her in this, though I do prefer her in this (I think it is because of the blonde hair). It really isn't to everyones taste but you may find it enjoyable, I mean it is bright and colourful so it does get a plus for the aesthetics.

Synopsis
Buddy (Will Ferrel) is an orphan who stowed away in Santa's sack and ended up in the North Pole. Buddy grew up as an elf but always knew he was different and so went to New York City to find his birth parents. His real dad, Walter Hobbs (James Caan), is on the naughty list because he is cruel and when he finds out about Buddy he doesn't really care for him and finds him quite frankly, annoying. Buddy has fun living in New York but is seen as very weird and again, as an outsider. He finds love in a department store girl, Jovie (Zoey Deschannel). He has also started to interfere in his fathers work, making Walter rethink his priorities. Walters family had previously felt neglected but now with the help of Buddy, all is well and everyone is happy. Also with the lack of Christmas spirit Santa is finding it hard to deliver all the presents for Christmas.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.