Thursday 19 December 2013

12 days of blogging: Day 7- Christmas in Connecticut (1945)


I watched this film probably over a year ago but I remember being very fond of it. I remember always loving the poster for this film and it always intrigued me to find out more and also that it was a black and white film, thought they really aren't uncommon to me so I really have no idea why that drew me in.
look at it, aren't you intrigued it's just so cool 
Synopsis
A journalist, Elizabeth Lane (Barbara Stanwyck), writes a famous food column. She is seen as a great cook, housewife, mother etc by her fans when she is in fact an unwed Newyorker. When her boss and a heroic sailor then decide to spend Christmas with her on her "farm" she has to pretend to be the person that they think she is or she believes she could lose her job. As a string of white lies ensue she finds herself getting further and further into the lies and so things get tricky. There may also be love on the table.

Watch the film after all it is Christmas so why not. Merry Christmas everyone




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.