Wednesday 18 December 2013

12 days of blogging: Day 6- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)


One of the best and probably only holiday crossover films. The first time I watched this was on a really awful vhs tape and I found it terrifying, the whole play-dough puppet thing just scared the heck out of me. I find it so weird that they actually managed to make a christmas film as creepy and scary as this, it is truly unbelievable. The film was envisioned by the weird and wonderful Tim Burton and directed by Henry Selick it also features the voices of Danny Elfman, Paul Reubens and Chris Sarandon to name a few. 
Synopsis
Jack Skeleton is pumpkin king of halloween town though he is bored with the same routine every year and everyone not showing the holiday the affection they think it deserves. When Jack finds a door to Christmas town he is so taken by the concept and the love that the children have for the holiday so he tries to take it over but instead of using the normal Christmas themes they add a little bit of their holiday and it doesn't exactly go right.
I have always liked this film but it has never overjoyed me as it has for overs, I think Tim Burtons work can be quite a hit or miss on some things. Don't get me wrong it's a good film and I'm sure you'll enjoy it, I think the concept is great and it's beautifully presented it's just some aspects aren't for me. Also guys we're halfway through 12 days of blogging YEAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.