Friday 15 March 2013

Grand Hotel (1932)

"People come, people go. Nothing ever happens."
Hello guys, sorry I haven't been doing many film reviews lately but i'm back and better then ever and I am bringing back the reviews with a great classic (if you have read the title then you will already know what it is) grand hotel. It's a film which is known for it's incredible cast and well has even been called to have the best cast ever (very prestigious). This film was the first film that I have watched in a while without doing anything else. By this I mean I would usually be on the internet while watching films or doing work, but this film just grabbed me in it was the first film that I had watched with either Greta Garbo or Joan Crawford, and I loved it. The script especially drew me in with the clever dialogue and brilliant plot.

I watched this film a while ago now and it is still vivid in my mind. So now I shall give you a brief plot summary.
The film is based in a hotel hence the name. It is based around the different stories of the guests that entwine throughout the film. These guests include a lonely ballerina, a typist, a terminally ill man, a thief and a successful bad man. The story is basically showing how your life can change within a few days but certain things stay constant by this I mean that these peoples lives changed while they were in the hotel but when they leave the hotel is still there and people will still come and go.
To really understand the film you must see if not just for Greta Garbo saying "I want to be alone".
Now to end it all here are some gifs to feed your imagination.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.